I3D is a tool kit that provides a high speed, texture mapped, 3D virtual environment. I3D can be used to create MS-DOS or MS Windows applications.
I3D has been tested with the Borland C/C++ v3.1, Microsoft Visual C++ v1.0, and Watcom C/C++ 32 bit v9.5 compilers.
Due to the highly interactive nature of I3D, it requires a 386 or better processor and a VGA or SVGA graphics card to run. Windows performance is directly proportional to the speed of the Windows display driver.
I3D supports the following features:
* High speed texture mapping of walls, floors and ceilings.
* Animated texture maps.
* Transparent textures.
* 64 x 64, 128 x 128, or 256 x 256 pixel texture maps.
* Reading of PCX 256 color files.
* Variable window size.
* Multiple windows.
* Compatible with 3rd party graphics libraries.
* Moving objects.
* Actor objects that look different from various viewing angles.
* Collision detection (viewer with walls, objects).
* Joystick, keyboard and mouse support for navigation.
* Pick (hit) detection (use spacebar in demos).
* Full screen 320x200 VGA mode in Windows.
* Large world maps, world maps can be edited as bitmaps.
* Look up / look down (Page Up / Page Down keys in demos).